In Quebec, Canada, there are official driving handbooks and guides that provide information on road rules, safe driving practices, and obtaining a driver’s license. These handbooks are essential resources for individuals preparing for their written knowledge test and practical driving exam.
Quebec Driver’s Handbook (Cahier de l’automobiliste):
- This handbook is available in both English and French.
- It covers information about road signs, traffic rules, safe driving practices, and the driver’s license application process.
- It’s an essential resource for preparing for the written knowledge test.
Road Safety Education Program Handbook (Programme d’éducation à la sécurité routière – PESR):
- This handbook is designed for new drivers and focuses on safe driving habits and behaviors.
- It provides information on how to develop good driving habits and avoid common risks on the road.
Cyclist’s Handbook (Cahier du cycliste):
- This handbook is designed for cyclists and provides information on safe cycling practices, traffic rules for cyclists, and tips for sharing the road with other vehicles.
Motorcycle Handbook (Cahier du motocycliste):
- If you’re interested in obtaining a motorcycle driver’s license, this handbook provides information on motorcycle safety, road rules, and the licensing process.
Truck and Bus Handbook (Cahier du camionneur):
- This handbook is intended for individuals seeking commercial driver’s licenses (CDLs) to drive trucks and buses.
- It covers specific rules and regulations related to commercial driving.
Please note that the names and availability of these handbooks may have changed since my last update. To obtain the most current and accurate information, it’s best to visit the official website of the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ), the provincial agency responsible for driver licensing and vehicle registration. The SAAQ’s website should have the latest versions of these handbooks, practice tests, and other resources to help you prepare for your driver’s license exams.